With the Matric Rage almost upon us, help your children to stay safe with the tips below:
While the town and organisers work hard to ensure that the Ragers have the party of their lives, but that they can enjoy it in a safe and positive environment.
- Accommodation – know the address and contact information for where you are staying. Be sure to give this information to your loved ones, in case of an emergency.
- Be prepared. Keep emergency contact information on your phone and somewhere else safe (in case you lose your phone). Don’t put yourself into dangerous or solitary situations and make sure you know how you are getting home each night
- Use the buddy system You and your crew will undoubtedly get separated at some point. When arriving at Rage Festival events, get to know your surroundings and agree on a meeting point. Partying in numbers will ensure your safety.
- Look out for the Red Frogs if you’re feeling a bit lost or overwhelmed. The Red Frogs are an internationally recognised student holiday support network aimed at providing a positive presence during festivals such as Rage.
- Purchase Rage credits Rage credits allow you to tap-and-pay for airport shuttles, Rage Rides, food, beverages and enjoy discounts throughout Rage Festival. It’s safer, simpler and the only way to pay at our events.
- Spiking drinks is a reality. Keep an eye on each other, go to toilets together and get help the instant one of you feels unwell. Don’t accept drinks from strangers, have only drinks you’ve opened or seen opened and poured, and avoid ice cubes – some barmen may spike them. If you leave your drink to go and dance, don’t go back and finish it, rather buy another drink.
- Remember to eat! There is so much to see and do during Rage that you may be tempted to try and do everything, but remember to eat so that you have enough fuel for the partying
- Stay hydrated The importance of staying hydrated can’t be overstated. Water will you give you energy, alcohol will make you tired.
Have fun and stay safe!