Car jamming is where criminals block the signal from your key remote to your locking device, in order to gain access to your car.
Follow these tips to prevent your car from being jammed:
- Be aware of your surroundings and take note of suspicious people or activity in the car park
- If you suspect that you are being car jammed. Rather get back into your car and leave the area. Go park somewhere else and report it to the centre management or security
- Do not leave valuables in sight or in the vehicle
- Never push your remote while walking away from the vehicle
- Check that your car is locked by testing the doors before leaving the car
- Ensure your boot is locked as well